THE DESCRIPTIVE ANALYSIS OF STUDENTS’ ABILITY IN WRITING REPORT TEXT AT THE TWELFTH GRADE OF SMK NEGERI 1 SITOLU ORI IN 2021/2022
The purpose of the research was to find out and describe the students’ ability in writing report text of SMK Negeri 1 Sitolu Ori. The design of this research was descriptive qualitative research. The total number of the sample was 16 students. The researchers used descriptive qualitative method. The instrument used to get the data was test and interview. Based on the research results from taking students’ worksheet documents and the results of interviews, it is concluded that most of the XII grade students of TKJ SMK Negeri 1 Sitolu Ori are unable to write report texts with an average score of 38 or fail. Based on the data presented in the previous table (tables 4 and 5) and the explanation of the results of the research that there was 1 student (5%) who was included in the sufficient category in writing report texts. On the other hand, there were 10 students (50%) who were not good at writing report texts. Furthermore, there were 5 students (45%) who were included in the category of failing in writing report texts. The results of the study also show that the factors that affect students' ability to write report texts are lack of vocabulary, In addition, finally, based on the findings, it is concluded that XII grade students of SMK Negeri Sitolu Ori have problems in writing report texts The students were not able to express idea.
2. References (A Report On Best Practice Conducted At Grade 9 Of SMP Negeri 1 Dramaga Bogor, Vol. 20, No. 2
3. Khairani, Zainuddin, (2011). Improving Students’ Achievement in Writing Report Text Through Numbered Heads Together
4. Dinamika Grabiella, Ridwan Hanifah, (2019). Syntactical Error Analysis On Report Text. Vol. 4, No. 2
5. Azizah Rahmi, (2019). Students’ Ability in Writing Report Text of Grade XI at SMK Negeri 1 Painan, Vol. 2
6. Djumingin Sulastri, (2017). The Practice of Lesson Study Model in Teaching Writing Report Text, Vol. 11
7. Prayudan Meikardo Samuel, (2016). An Analysis Of The Students’ Writing Error In Report Text.
8. Buku Pedoman Penulisan Karya Tulis Ilmiah, (2022). UNIVERSITAS NIAS
9. Chowdhury, Iqbal Ahmed, (2015). Issue of Quality in a Qualitative Research: An Overview. Innovative Issues and Approaches in Social Sciences, Vol. 8, No. 1.
10. Creswell, Jhon, (2014). Research design : Qualitative, Quantitaive, and Mixed-method Approach (4th ed.). California
11. Robert, C. Bogdan, and Knopp,Sari Biklen, (2006). Qualitative Research for Education 5th Edition An Introduction to Theories and Methods. Boston: Pearson Education, Inc.
12. Gay, Lorraine R., Mills, Geoffrey E., Airasian, Peter W. (2012). EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH: Competencies for Analysis and Aplications (10th Ed.).Pearson, New York.
13. Jhonson, Susan and Rasulova, Saltanat, (2016). Qualitative Impact Evaluation: Incorporating Authenticity into the Assessment of Rigour.
14. Husna, Atikasari And Multazim, Akhmad, (2019). Students’ Difficulties In Writing Recount Text At Inclusion Classes. Vol 9, Issue 1, 52-76. Yogyakarta: University of Ahmad Dahlan.
15. Atmowardoyo, Haryanto. (2018). Research Methods in TEFL Studies: Descriptive Research, Case Study, Error Analysis, and R & D. Academy Publication.
16. Creswell, Jhon, (2014). Research design : Qualitative, Quantitaive, and Mixed-method Approach (4th ed.). California.
17. Huy, Nguyen Thanh. (2015). Problems Affecting Learning Writing Skill of Grade 11 at Thong Linh High School. Asian Journal of Educational Research. Vol. 3, No. 2.